Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Is there really any jobs?

As I stated in a previous post  I am tired of being the third wheel.  If companies know they are not going to hire you when you walk through the door why bother to interview me. 

I admit I have a bad taste in my mouth after the last interview.  I drove 2 hours to get there and had an interview that lasted about 2 hours.  I didn't get the job and looking back  I really think they had someone else in mind when they interviewed me.

I am not cocky, I know that I am not perfect, however I met and felt in some ways exceeded all of the qualifications for the position.  I have a feeling that they got someone from within the company to take the position.  I don't know this for sure but it is just a feeling.

I am finding myself having a hard time getting motivated for even applying for positions now.  This is the second one that I had a feeling this happened to me on. 

I know I am older than most applicants but I put myself out there and have a lot to offer.

I am trying to be inspired and not get discouraged but it is getting harder and harder to pick myself up.  In the meantime I do have a job that I enjoy which makes me luckier than most................I just wish I would be given the chance to do something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment