Sunday, December 23, 2012

Losing Hope

Several things have come to mind as I continue my search for a job. 

I am not the best artist in the world.  This should not make a difference because with design work there really is little in my opinion that involves art or drawing itself and  I have plenty of talented people in my network that can help me.

If I was to give out any advice it would be to start school early.  I sometimes wonder if age makes a difference.  I just want to hear something positive back from a company.  ONE interview in a year does not give me a lot of hope.

I really would LOVE to work on instructional design.  The one class   I took gave me a feeling of what it is about and I really enjoyed working on the project.

How do you get a job when you have no experience? 

My internship for Athletic connections went well however the site is not live so I can't show it to anyone.  I think he has given up on his project as I have not heard from him recently.  I know funding was a problem. 

I need to continue to work hard and upgrade my site and find a way to market myself so that  I can get some small projects for a portfolio.  I would still LOVE to start working with rescue organizations to help animals get adopted and many of them do not have web sites.  Maybe this should be my goal this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment