Tuesday, October 2, 2012

echo........echo........hello........hello

Is there really employment out there?  I have applied for positions but it really is an employers market.  Employers can find a person who has every qualification ON PAPER.  But that does not really mean that the person will fit the bill for how they fit in the office. 

I know I might not have all of the qualifications places are looking for, but  I know I would be a good fit.  I remember the days of pounding the pavement and shaking hands.  We are losing our connect ability when resume's are scanned by computer programs looking for keywords to then let a potential employer know if you have what it takes.

Personality should stand for something.  In my current job I can even count so high to tell you the number of people that looked great on PAPER but when they started working didn't ad up.

Employers take more chances and use your instincts, take the time to interview people who don't quite match up to your qualifications but there is something that says..........take a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment